Celebrate Easter With Annual Egg Hunt, Carnival and Breakfast
Junior Women's Club of Somerset Hills holds carnival and breakfast to benefit Valerie Fund.
Pink, blue, yellow, orange, green, purple and more. Thousands of pastel-colored plastic eggs housing goodies for the kids will dot the landscape at the Liberty Corner School next Saturday.
Sponsored by the Liberty Corner Presbyterian Church, the 20th annual Easter Egg Hunt will kick off at 11 a.m. Kids will have a memorable time scurrying around collecting their eggs while adults can enjoy the communal atmosphere with friends and neighbors.
For communing with the Easter Bunny, head over to William Annin Middle School. The Junior Women’s Club of Somerset Hills will host a benefit that includes a breakfast, carnival games for the kids and photos with the Easter Bunny. Admission is $8 for adults and $5 for children. The proceeds will benefit the Valerie Fund, an organization serving children with cancer and blood disorders.
- Tax Return Deadline
- Leisure Learning—Continuing Education for Seniors, Bernards Township Library, 9 a.m. to noon. Program room B.
- Toddler Time (16-30 months)—Bernards Township Library, 9:30 to 10 a.m. Interactive story time for 16-30 month olds accompanied by an adult. Child's birthday should come between 7/1/08 and 9/1/09. Registration required. Program room A.
- Preschool Story Time 3 1/2 - 5 years old—Bernards Township Library, 10:30 to 11 a.m. Stories, fingerplays, and songs for 31/2 - 5 year olds. Child's birthday should come before 7/1/07. Registration required. Program room A.
- Knitters & Crocheters—Bernards Township Library, 10 a.m. to noon and 7 to 9 p.m. Program room B.
- Crop Club for Scrapbookers—Bernards Township Library, 10 a.m. to noon and 7 to 9 p.m. Program room A.
- Poetry Workshop with Dianne Feula—Bernards Township Library, 1 to 2:30 p.m. Program room A.
- Knitting Doctor—Bernards Township Library, 1 to 3 p.m. Conference room.
- Bernards Book Buddies, Grades 3 4—Bernards Township Library, 4 to 4:45 p.m. "Who Stole the Wizard of Oz?" by Avi at this month's meeting. Copies are available at the Children's Desk. Program room A.
- Bridge (Seniors)—Somerset County Senior Wellness Center, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Majong (Seniors)—Somerset County Senior Wellness Center, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Planning Board Meeting—Town Hall, Court room, 7:30 p.m. Open to all.
- Teen Videogame Night—Bernards Township Library, 3 to 4 p.m. Program room B.
- Free Osteoporosis Seminar and Bone Density Screenings—Somerset County Senior Wellness Center Every Wednesday 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. For seniors, free of charge.
- Zumba Gold for Seniors—Somerset County Senior Wellness Center Every Wednesday 1 to 2 p.m. For seniors, free of charge. Registration required.
- Survival of the Fittest—Lord Stirling Environmental Education Center, ages 4-6, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Fee is $9.
- Fungus Among Us—Lord Stirling Environmental Education Center, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Ages 7-9. Fee is $9.
- Film series: The Return—Bernards Township Library, noon to 3 p.m. Dr. Kalyan Ray, professor of English at County College of Morris, will offer commentary on returning or finding one's home. Feel free to bring a snack or lunch. Program room B.
- Senior Flex Class—Somerset County Senior Wellness Center, 10:30 a.m. For seniors, free of charge.
- Squirmy Wormies—Lord Stirling Environmental Education Center, 10 to 11 a.m. Ages 0-5 with parent. Fee is $10.
- Career Networking Group—Bernards Township Library, 6 to 9 p.m. Program room B.
- Library Closed for Good Friday through Sunday
- Easter Carnival and Breakfast—William Annin School, 10 a.m. to noon. A benefit sponsored by Junior Women's Club of Somerset Hills to support the Valerie Fund, an organization serving children with cancer and blood disorders. Lots of family fun: carnival games and breakfast. Photos with the Easter Bunny. Adults, $8, children $5. Pre-order tickets at email@example.com and receive two free carnival tickets per child. For more information, click here.
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt—Liberty Corner School field, 11 a.m. Sponsored by the Liberty Corner Presbyterian Church. More than 3,000 plastic eggs will be stuffed with surprises to celebrate Easter. RSVP requested at www.libertycorner.org
- Dog Walks on the Equestrian Trails—Lord Stirling Stable, 10:15 to 10:30 a.m. sign-in. Walk is from 10:30 to 11:30 a..m. $3 per dog, humans free.