Each week, we’ll tell you about one great idea to give you a much deserved break, and make your life a little easier, maybe a whole lot enjoyable.
And this week we're looking ahead to Super Bowl Sunday, the biggest football day of the year, to offer some ideas for where to watch and how to enjoy the game more by letting someone else prepare that Super Bowl feast.
It's not too early to prepare for a football party!
- Head on over to Route 202/206 for the Green Knoll Grille in Bridgewater, which always has its televisions on for the latest sports games, with the addition of sandwiches and other food options. Head over there for good food, plentry of drinks and the Super Bowl on all channels.
- Looking for lots of television sets, good food and a fun time? Petrock's Bar and Grille in Hillsborough has enough TVs to make any sports fan happy. And the food's not bad either.
- The Ridge Tavern at 55 S. Finley Ave. in Basking Ridge will be a gathering spot on Super Bowl Sunday, offering television and a place for fans to gather and cheer. The restaurant also is offering a special Super Bowl party platters and menu and asks that those who want to order do so early.
- Looking for some catered food to bring home? The six-foot "Monster Subs" available at the A&P at the Dewy Meadow Village shopping center in Basking Ridge must be ordered at least three days in advance, according to the deli department at the supermarket. The A&P also can cater your party with 100 pieces of fried chicken for $89.99, or a variety of platters of varying sizes, according to the deli department. Call the store at 908-991-0004, or stop by.
- Kings Supermarket off Route 202 in Bernardsville, offering an even wider selection in its Bedminster store off Hills Drive, also has six-foot subs and an entire book of catering options, said a deli employee there. He said it's not too early to place an order now, and the best time to call is in the morning. The Bernardsville store can be reached at 908-204-4843, and the Bedminster Kings phone number is 908-719-4963.
- Stop & Shop in the Lyons Mall in Basking Ridge also has three-foot sub sandwiches, as well as platters and other makings for a Super Bowl party. Wings are an especially popular items, and salads can be included in the party feast, an employee said. Those who wish to place an order should stop by or call 908-221-9400. "We can basically do anything," said an employee at the ShopRite Supermarket in Bernardsville off Route 202. The store would like orders placed at least a few days in advance—but has a full menu of platter options as well as other Super Bowl goodies. ShopRite's number is 908-766-3129.
- Joey G's Grill and Bar, on Route 206 in Hillsborough, has drinks and space galore. Our Patch blogger said the drinks are great, but the food wasn't as strong.
Got any other ideas for where to enjoy the Super Bowl in the Somerset County area Feb. 5? Let us know in the comments!