Liberty Corner Students 'Follow the Yellow Brick Road'
Students cast and crew staged musical at Ridge High School's Performing Arts Center.
Know a young person or group who has accomplished something special, achieved a milestone or who has gone out of their way to help someone else? Let us know, and they might be our next Patch Kid(s).
This week, we are recognizing the young thespians and their teachers at Liberty Corner School who staged "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" in a musical production held last Tuesday at the Performing Arts Center at Ridge High School.
- Patch Kids of the Week: About 70 students in grades 1-5 at the Liberty Corner School who were in the cast and crew of the musical "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" on Tuesday, April 26, at the Performing Arts Center. About 50 children were in the cast, and the crew worked to help build the set and otherwise assist the production.
- Patch Kids' Major Activity: The students from various grade levels had been rehearsing and building sets since February as part of an after school activity supervised and directed by five Liberty Corner School teachers, including Carol Dory Beadle, vocal and general music teacher at the school in Liberty Corner. The other teachers who worked on the show included Trisha Bubnowski and Jeni Clark, first grade teachers; Karen Finazzo, second grade teacher; and art teacher Alicia Bynoe.
- Patch Kids' School/Church/Community Center: Liberty Corner Elementary School in Liberty Corner.
- Patch Kids' Accomplishment: "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" was the first musical in many years to be produced by students at the Liberty Corner Elementary School. The students filled the arts center at Ridge High School for their production. They learned about all aspects of putting on a play, from music to remembering their lines, to set and design.
- Patch Kids' Key to Being Noteworthy: The production was really cute, and earned a warm reception from the audience after seven weeks of preparing. The entire community was invited!