Places to Go on Your April Staycation
With spring recess from schools coming up in just over a week, you may be looking for somewhere to go close to home.
The warm weather is supposed to be coming soon — at least that's what the calendar indicates. Spring recess is coming (officially starting April 11) and the kids are going to be home. The economy still isn't what it used to be, and gas prices are continuing to rise, so maybe you can't fly or drive for a great getaway trip. Still, you can relax and enjoy yourself on a family "staycation."
This week, Patch Picks gives you some options nearby if you are taking some time off, but not planning to go for a long distance. As always, we encourage those with other ideas they'd like to share with their neighbors to let them know in the comments section below.
There's always plenty to do at the Somerset Hills YMCA and at the county's Environmental Education Center, which also has some great, flat hiking trails of varying lengths. Among other activities, the YMCA is offering the "Try the Y for Free" that week.
The Franklin Mineral Museum, almost an hour away, may seem far, but it's really known far and wide for its cool and rare geological offerings, some found right here in New Jersey!
Patch Picks—Places to Go on Your April Staycation.
- Bridgewater Sports Arena, Bridgewater
- Somerset Hills YMCA, Basking Ridge (two locations)
- AMC Fork & Screen Cinemas, Bridgewater
- Somerset County Environmental Education Center, Basking Ridge
- Franklin Mineral Museum, Franklin (Sussex County)
- Crayola Crayon Factory, Easton, Pa.
- Lionel Trains at The Train Station, Mountain Lakes