Planning Board Back On With This Week's Meetings
The ever-busy Bernards Township Planning Board continues Millington Quarry hearing.
If you think you've had a busy year, consider the Planning Board.
Along with more standard applications, the board has spent all year juggling two mega-applications — in recent months, a proposal for a mosque in Liberty Corner, subject of a lengthy meeting just last week, and the long-running hearing on what would be done at the Millington Quarry once quarrying stops for good.
Hearings on that application actually kicked off in November 2011. By now, after hearing witnesses testify in detail for the quarry and board, residents have been taking their shot at asking questions and giving an opinion on the quarry's plans.
This week's hearing is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday at the municipal building at 1 Collyer Lane, Basking Ridge.
Other meetings and township happenings coming up this week include:
- The regular meeting of the Bernards Township Board of Adjustment from 7:30 to 11 p.m. on Wednesday, at the municipal building.
- The Deer Management Advisory Committee meeting at 7 p.m. on Thursday at the municipal building.
- The Board of Health meeting at 8 p.m. on Thursday at the health department at 262 S. Finley Avenue.
- A rabies clinic with free shots for dogs and cats, sponsored by the Bernards Township Health Department and open to all member towns, from 1 to 2:30 p.m. at the Brookside Firehouse at 1 Cherry Lane in Mendham Township.
- The last day of the season for the township's Coakley-Russo Memorial Golf Course next Sunday.