That’s right, Valentine’s Day is here, and you might want to check into last minute plans about where to take that special someone for an evening on the town.
If Thursday isn't a good night to go out, here are some ideas for how to move your special time together when you have more leisure this weekend.
If you’re still looking for a way to celebrate the holiday of love, we’ve got some suggestions of some great Valentine’s Day opportunities throughout Somerset County.
- Chimney Rock Inn on Thompson Avenue in Bridgewater is adding some special items to its menu for the Valentine’s Weeklong Special from Feb. 8 at 5 p.m. through Feb. 14. Specials will include the Heart-Shaped Lobster Ravioli, Prime Rib and Grilled Salmon with Chopped Shrimp in a Garlic Sauce on a bed of spinach, and all of these entrees include soup or salad. Plus, the restaurant will also be featuring its heart-shaped pizzas, and all who purchase one will get a free box of chocolate. For dessert, the restaurant will feature St. Valentine’s Gelato Hearts, which are choices of strawberry or dark chocolate gelato hearts, coated in chocolate and decorated with white chocolate drizzle.
- The Bernards Inn, on Mine Brook Road, in downtown Bernardsville, will let lovebirds celebrate for a night or a whole weekend if they want to celebrate Valentine's Day — or a weekend getaway. A three-course prix-fixe dinner of $118 per person on Feb. 14 offers such treats as Chateaubriand or stuffed lobster, with flowers and "decadent" chocolate included. You can move your Valentine's Day celebration to the weekend long with a continuation of special Entrees For Two and the new a la carte Winter Menu. Or book a romantic Valentine's getaway to rekindle romance, from $630 to $675 for the historic suite.
- Maggiano’s Little Italy is hosting a Couples Cooking Demonstration and Wine Tasting Feb. 14, with a family-style dinner that includes a demonstration by the sous chef and a wine tasting by a featured wine specialist. The event is $150 per couple, and will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Olde Mill Inn, on Route 202 in Basking Ridge, is offering special menus for those couples looking for a getaway. For the menu, choices include Semolina and Fresh Ricotta Cavatelli; Honey Roasted Australian Lamb; Cedar Plank Scottish Salmon; and more. This will be available from Feb. 14 through Feb. 16. There is also a special menu for Valentine’s Day itself, complete with burgers, salads and much more.
- The Raritan Valley Community College Planetarium, on Lamington Road in Branchburg, is hosting “Romancing the Stars” on Feb. 15 at 7 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. This is a star show for couples ages 18 and older. The evening will offer an opportunity to look at the stars with a focus on stories that celebrate love. The cost is $15 per couple and reservations are strongly suggested. Call 908-231-8805 for reservations.
Know of any other places doing something special for Valentine’s day? Tell us in the comments!