"The Real Housewives of New Jersey" stars Joe and Teresa Giudice are expected to spend time behind bars following their guilty plea Tuesday.
The Towaco C-listers accepted a plea deal last week and pleaded guilty to several mortgage and bankruptcy fraud charges in a Newark court Tuesday morning, according U.S. Attorney Paul J. Fishman.
Sentencing will occur at a later date.
Teresa, 41, will face less than two years in prison and Joe, 43, will serve a minimum of three years, according to The Record.
“Teresa and Giuseppe Giudice used deception and fraud to cheat banks, bankruptcy court and the IRS,” said Fishman. “With their guilty pleas, they admitted the schemes with which they were charged. Having now confessed their wrongdoing, the Giudices face the real cost of their criminal conduct.”
The Giudices each pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, one count of bankruptcy fraud by concealment of assets, one count of bankruptcy fraud by false oaths, and one count of bankruptcy fraud by false declarations. Joe also pleaded guilty to one count of failure to file a tax return, according to Fishman.
Related Patch Posts:
- 'Housewives' Joe Giudice's Court Date Postponed Again
- Joe Giudice Faces Two Possible Trials in 2014
- ‘Real Housewives’ Star Joe Giudice, Driving Maserati, Pulled Over Again
- 'Housewives' Giudices Plead Not Guilty for New Fraud Charges
- 'Housewives' Joe Giudice's Court Date Delayed ... Again
- 'Housewives' Joe Giudice Cited for Careless Driving in School Zone
- 'Real Housewives' Giudices are 'Going Down,' Nancy Grace Predicts
- New Court Date Set for 'Housewives' Joe Guidice For Forgery Charges
- New Forgery Trial Date for Real Housewives' Joe Giudice To be Set Monday
- Joe Giudice Court Date Set for End of Month
- Housewives' Teresa and Joe Giudice Speak Out on Indictments on Bravo
- 'Real Housewives' Star's Trial Date Postponed
- 'Real Housewives' Stars Plead Not Guilty to Fraud
- Giudice May Have Forged 'Real Housewives' Star's Signature
- 'Housewives' Cast Members Could Testify in Giudice Fraud Case
- 'Real Housewives' Husband Faces Deportation if Convicted of Fraud
- 'Real Housewives' Teresa, Joe Giudice Indicted on Fraud Charges
- 'Real Housewives' Husband Gets New Trial Date
- 'Real Housewives' Giudice's Trial Delayed Again
- Trial Date Set for 'Real Housewives' Joe Giudice
- 'Real Housewives' Joe Giudice Headed to Trial
- Teresa Giudice Could Testify in Husband's Fraud Trial
- 'Housewives' Husband Giudice Rejects Plea Deal
- Joe Giudice Indicted on Charge of Using Brother's ID
- Joe Giudice Charged With Possessing Fraudulent ID