The National Weather Service officially measured 7.2 inches of snowfall in Bridgewater as of Wednesday morning at 7:30 a.m. Snow is blowing, and the weather service predicts the possibility of a few more snow showers through the day. Basking Ridge Patch will provide updates about the snow and everything you need to know.
Do you have snow-related news? Share it in the comments and we'll check it out. Or send us your snow photos!
- Police: Roads in Good Condition and Accident Free: Police reports township roads in good condition as of Wednesday morning. No accidents reported as of shortly before 11 a.m.
- Senior Centers Closed, Meals on Wheels Canceled: The Senior Wellness Center in Bernards, as well as the senior centers in Hillsborough, Raritan, Quail Brook, Warrenbrook, Manville and Montgomery will be closed Wednesday. There will also be no Meals on Wheels deliveries and the Office of Aging and Disability Services will be closed to walk-ins. Those receiving Wheels on Meals are asked to use pre-packaged meals. Other county offices are due to open.
- School's Out: All Bernards Township schools will be closed Wednesday and all evening school activities for the day have been canceled, according to official notification from the school system as of 5 a.m.
- Lord Stirling Stable Cancels Morning Lessons: Equestrian lessons scheduled for 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. are off. However, other lessons are due to resume at 4:30 p.m. Indoor hacking to be held from 2 to 3 p.m.
- Bernards Township Library: The township library at 32 S. Maple Ave. is open as of 10 a.m. The After-School Club has been postponed until next Wednesday.
- Municipal Offices Open Again: Municipal offices open again as of 10 a.m.
- Township Has Worked to be Ready: The Department of Public Works has been preparing since Tuesday morning for the storm, saying there is .
- State Offices To Have Delayed Opening: Gov. Chris Christie announced Tuesday night that all state offices would open two hours late Wednesday.
- No problems being reported on NJ Transit Rail: All rail lines are operating on a regular weekday schedule. Trains were running on or close to schedule as of 11 a.m. As a reminder, rail car center doors will not be used this morning to enhance reliability; customers should use end doors only.
- Bus: Buses also running on or close to schedule, as of 11 a.m. report. Customers are advised to check njtransit.com for route-specific service information before traveling and to allow extra travel time.
- NJ Transit is Cross-Honoring:NJ Transit has put system-wide cross-honoring in effect. It began at 7 p.m. on Tuesday and continues all day Wednesday. Customers can use their tickets for alternate travel modes—rail, bus or light rail.
- Track is Postponed: The Wayne Valentine Invitational that the Ridge boys and girls track teams were supposed to participate in on Wednesday at Madison's Drew University has been postponed, with a makeup date to be determined.
- Be Safe on the Roads: If you have to be on the roads in the snow, the Division of Highway Traffic and Safety encourages the following steps: Tune up and winterize their vehicles, as well as check the radiator, battery, antifreeze, and all other fluid levels. Check tire treads and replace them if they're unsafe. Check and replace windshield wiper blades if the rubber is cracked and/or brittle, and be sure to check and refill the washer fluid reservoir. Maintain at least a half a tank of gas during the winter to prevent the fuel line from freezing.
- Monitor for Power Outages: JCP&L maintains an online outage map here. PSE&G has its outage map here.