Somerset County announced on Monday that several county parks remain closed until further notice, although a few have reopened.
Remaining closed are:
- Duke Island Park in Bridgewater;
- Colonial Park in Somerset;
- Sourland Mountain Preserve in Hillsborough and Montgomery;
- Skillman Park in Montgomery;
- Washington Valley Park in Bridgewater;
- Leonard J. Buck Garden in Far Hills;
- Lord Stirling Stable in Basking Ridge;
- Environmental Education Center in Basking Ridge;
- Washington Rock Park in Green Brook.
Residents are asked to not attempt to visit these facilities as fallen trees and residual damage make the parks unsafe. Re-opening decisions will be made on a day-to-day basis, the announcement said.
Open again as of Monday are:
- North Branch Park in North Branch;
- Natirar Park in Peapack-Gladstone;
- Torpey Athletic Complex in Bridgewater;
- Neshanic Valley Golf Course & Learning Center in Neshanic Station;
- Spooky Brook Golf Course in Somerset;
- Quail Brook Golf Course in Somerset.
The Green Knoll Golf Course in Bridgewater and Warrenbrook Golf Course in Warren Township are closed indefinitely.
Information on this event and other Somerset County Park Commission activities may be found online.