A number of public meetings are scheduled for this week — including a continuation of a public hearing on a proposed mosque in Liberty Corner before the Planning Board — but this week promises to provide a little play along with work.
Next Saturday afternoon, you can put your kid in costume (or borrow a kid in costume) and head on down to downtown Basking Ridge to collect goodies at local businesses and then maybe try a little pumpkin rolling, or stop by the library, too, for some Halloween fun.
Either way, you can probably sneak a few pieces of candy even if you are an adult.
Here are some meetings and activities on this week's calendar:
- Monday — Bernards Township Beautification Task Force, 7 p.m. at municipal complex, 1 Collyer Lane, Basking Ridge
- Monday — Bernards Township Pool Commission, 7:30 p.m. at municipal complex, 1 Collyer Lane, Basking Ridge
- Tuesday — Bernards Township Committee, 8 p.m. at municipal complex, 1 Collyer Lane, Basking Ridge
- Wednesday — Bernards Township Library Board meeting 7:30 p.m. at Bernards Township Library, 32 S. Maple Ave., Basking Ridge
- Thursday — Bernards Township Planning Board, 7:30 p.m., municipal complex, 1 Collyer Lane, Basking Ridge
- Saturday — Shred Day for Somerset County residents wishing to shred personal documents for free, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 277 S. Maple Ave., Basking Ridge
- Saturday — Halloween activities in downtown Basking Ridge; 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., safe Trick or Treating in downtown Basking Ridge, sponsored by the Bernards Township Regional Chamber of Commerce; immediately following, pumpkin rolling, races and more at the Henry Street entrance to the field behind the Oak Street School. Sponsored by the Bernards Township Department of Health and Recreation.
- Tuesday and Saturday at the Bernards Township Library, 32 S. Maple Ave. On Tuesday, 4:15 to 5 p.m., Marigold Mike talks about the history of pumpkins and much more, followed by painting your own pumpkin to take home. Registration required on library website. Halloween crafts at the library from 1 to 3 p.m. on Saturday. No registration required. Come in costume if you'd like.