Pink, blue, yellow, orange, green, purple and more. Thousands of pastel-colored plastic eggs housing goodies for the kids will dot the landscape at the Liberty Corner School next Saturday.
Sponsored by the Liberty Corner Presbyterian Church, the 20th annual Easter Egg Hunt will kick off at 11 a.m. Kids will have a memorable time scurrying around collecting their eggs while adults can enjoy the communal atmosphere with friends and neighbors.
For communing with the Easter Bunny, head over to William Annin Middle School. The Junior Women’s Club of Somerset Hills will host a benefit that includes a breakfast, carnival games for the kids and photos with the Easter Bunny. Admission is $8 for adults and $5 for children. The proceeds will benefit the Valerie Fund, an organization serving children with cancer and blood disorders.
- Tax Return Deadline
- Leisure Learning—Continuing Education for Seniors, , 9 a.m. to noon. Program room B.
- Toddler Time (16-30 months)—, 9:30 to 10 a.m. Interactive story time for 16-30 month olds accompanied by an adult. Child's birthday should come between 7/1/08 and 9/1/09. Registration required. Program room A.
- Preschool Story Time 3 1/2 - 5 years old—, 10:30 to 11 a.m. Stories, fingerplays, and songs for 31/2 - 5 year olds. Child's birthday should come before 7/1/07. Registration required. Program room A.
- Knitters & Crocheters—, 10 a.m. to noon and 7 to 9 p.m. Program room B.
- Crop Club for Scrapbookers—, 10 a.m. to noon and 7 to 9 p.m. Program room A.
- Poetry Workshop with Dianne Feula—, 1 to 2:30 p.m. Program room A.
- Knitting Doctor—, 1 to 3 p.m. Conference room.
- Bernards Book Buddies, Grades 3 4—, 4 to 4:45 p.m. "Who Stole the Wizard of Oz?" by Avi at this month's meeting. Copies are available at the Children's Desk. Program room A.
- Bridge (Seniors)— 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Majong (Seniors)—, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Planning Board Meeting—Town Hall, Court room, 7:30 p.m. Open to all.
- Teen Videogame Night—, 3 to 4 p.m. Program room B.
- Free Osteoporosis Seminar and Bone Density Screenings— Every Wednesday 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. For seniors, free of charge.
- Zumba Gold for Seniors— Every Wednesday 1 to 2 p.m. For seniors, free of charge. Registration required.
- Survival of the Fittest—, ages 4-6, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Fee is $9.
- Fungus Among Us—, 4 to 5:30 p.m. Ages 7-9. Fee is $9.
- Film series: The Return—, noon to 3 p.m. Dr. Kalyan Ray, professor of English at County College of Morris, will offer commentary on returning or finding one's home. Feel free to bring a snack or lunch. Program room B.
- Senior Flex Class—, 10:30 a.m. For seniors, free of charge.
- Squirmy Wormies—, 10 to 11 a.m. Ages 0-5 with parent. Fee is $10.
- Career Networking Group—, 6 to 9 p.m. Program room B.
- Library Closed for Good Friday through Sunday
- Easter Carnival and Breakfast—, 10 a.m. to noon. A benefit sponsored by Junior Women's Club of Somerset Hills to support the Valerie Fund, an organization serving children with cancer and blood disorders. Lots of family fun: carnival games and breakfast. Photos with the Easter Bunny. Adults, $8, children $5. Pre-order tickets at email@example.com and receive two free carnival tickets per child. For more information, click here.
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt— field, 11 a.m. Sponsored by the Liberty Corner Presbyterian Church. More than 3,000 plastic eggs will be stuffed with surprises to celebrate Easter. RSVP requested at www.libertycorner.org
- Dog Walks on the Equestrian Trails—, 10:15 to 10:30 a.m. sign-in. Walk is from 10:30 to 11:30 a..m. $3 per dog, humans free.