The Spring Sports Season is just a few months away for student-athletes.
Pingry Coach Carter Abbott shares her "Top 5" recommendations for players to utilize this winter and get ready for the upcoming Girls Lax season.
1. Get your equipment set: get a mouthguard, goggles, and stick appropriate for you age.
2. Get in shape: start working out if you aren't all ready. Your fitness program should include both long distance, agilities, and interval training.
3. Tune up your stickwork: get to a wall and begin wall ball. 20 catches left, right, offside, behind the back and more!
4. Start shooting: find a cage in your local neighborhood and use mom/dad/sister/brother to throw you some balls to shoot! Pick your corners and go for accuracy.
5. Watch lacrosse: whether it is live college games or youtube clips of games, watch as much lacrosse as you can to gain a better understanding of the game.